The greens staff will be carrying out the following work this week:
* General cutting. Due to the weather we will be trying to cut as much as we can
until the weather breaks again.
* Verti-draining the greens. This is to help with water passing through the profile.
and for airflow.
* Shallow slitting, deep slitting and sorrel rolling the greens. This also is for
airflow within the profile.
* Verti-draining fairway, tee’s, collars and approaches. This will be weather
* Blowing leaves.
* If the weather turns wet again then we will be cleaning whips around greens and
tee’s and replacing the steps on the 8th with new ones.
The volunteers will be carrying out the following work.
* Cleaning whips in-between the 14th and 16th holes. This is for the health of our
specimen trees and is part of our tree management programme.
Thanks from the greens staff.