* General cutting.
* Verti cutting, cutting, sanding and rolling the greens – this will help to firm up the greens and will make a truer surface.
* Solid tining the tee tops and top dress them – this is for airflow and to encourage growth.
* Sorrel rolling and shallow slitting the greens – this will help with airflow in the top profile.
* fertilising collars and approaches. This will be in spray form so you may see our blue indicator dye – this is not harmful.
* The volunteers will be finishing off cutting down new growth on tree stumps around the 2nd and 17th ponds. After this the volunteers will stop cutting down whips due to nesting birds.
All this work is weather dependent.
In the up coming weeks, our maintenance program on the greens will begin. We will be ninja tining and sanding the greens, this has a moderate disturbance on the greens surface and with the right weather conditions should recover in a week.
May I take this opportunity to remind members to repair their pitch mark on the greens.
Thanks from the greens staff.