The greens were not cut yesterday (Sunday 18th June) due to the thunderstorm in the early hours of the morning.
The green staff will be carrying out the following course work this week:
* The last five greens will be ninja tined – this will be weather dependant.
* General cutting
* Spraying liquid nitrogen and primo on the greens, these are a fertiliser and a growth regulator to keep the greens consistent. This is part of our nutrient programme.
* Sorrel rolling and shallow slitting the greens. This to help with airflow and allows water to pass through the surface.
The volunteers will be continuing their work on the natural fencing.
Thunderstorms are forecast this week. Please can members ensure that they follow the guidance below if this occurs whilst you are playing:
1) The golf shop will sound a siren 3 times, approximately 3 seconds apart, to suspend play due to adverse weather. A prolonged sounding of the siren will mean that play is discontinued for the day.
2) Golfers should mark their ball and immediately stop playing and retreat to the clubhouse or take local shelter under the danger has passed.
3) Once the adverse weather has passed, the golf shop will sound the siren twice, 3 seconds apart to allow play to resume.
The full policy is detailed below and on our general notice board.